Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Looking back and running ahead...

There isn't much glory in finishing near the back and getting lapped, but I do learn a lot from the faster racers when that happens. And if you think watching racers from the stands or the return lane (Or better yet, while cornerworking!) is exciting, imagine the view from the track when they're just a few inches away! While I'm still optimistic about lowering my lap times and finishing better, I'll never get on the podium with this bike; that's for the next bike, and most likely, with a much better rider. Design work has started on the next racer.


Much of the design of the next racer depends on work that hasn't been done yet with the current racer. That new rear suspension system still needs finishing and installation. Crash damage still needs to be repaired. I'm still hoping to have it done before the end of the 2015. But my biggest source of enthusiasm and motivation is the next racer; the next racer has given me the confidence to make the current one worth the time, trouble, and expense. In the mean time, the door that leads from my desk to the shed has been upgraded to lower my house exit times by at least .2 seconds. No chatter problems, either.



I'm very happy to report that my foot is healing rapidly. The big goofy post-op boot has been off since early November. The crutches haven't been touched since the Christmas holidays. The cane only gets used on evenings of rougher days and to help make a point while yelling at kids to get off my lawn. I'm just left wondering if my right foot will still need a racing boot that's 3 sizes larger than my left foot. Either way, it would be a shame not to find out this year...

Top photo: Jim Browning, Rocky Mtn Photos